Thursday 19 November 2015

Paul Smith: Gentleman Designer

I was aware of the great a quirky designer Paul Smith for a number of years. And I went to the Paul Smith exhibition in London last year.  

My pictures from the Paul Smith exhibition 





Signature Paul Smith Mini Cooper 

 But after watching a documentary about him during film club, I was amazed how he found inspiration for his collections. 

Going to University in Nottingham I am now in the home town of Paul Smith! The flagship shop in beautiful from the outside. With a garden and black iron gates to great you. The shop itself looks like a beautiful town house. An ideal building for a flagship Paul Smith shop. 

During the documentary, Paul Smith explained that you need a more lateral way of thinking. I found it inspirational that he did not find inspiration from fashion but from other print books from 1800 and 1850. 

My favourite quote





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Little Ray of Soraya. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig