Monday 4 July 2016

Kylie Cosmetics - Exposed Review



Recently I decided to jump on the bandwagon and buy a Kylie Cosmetics Lip Kit. I had been thinking about buying one for a while as I absolutely love liquid lipsticks at the moment, I am obsessed with wearing MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lip Colour in the shade  Lady Be Good, which i a lovely pinky nude which I normally pair with MAC Spice Lip Pencil. When picking a shade that I would get a lot of wear out of I was not sure what to for as I don't really wear pinks or bright reds and the metallic shades look beautiful but I'm not sure when I would wear them. I knew Kylie releases new shades all the time so I decided to wait till I found a shade I liked. About 8 weeks ago Kylie announced her new shade that would be added to the collection - Exposed. It looked like the perfect nude! A shade I would wear all the time! So I decided to buy it when it came out but I was too late and it was already sold out. I few weeks later my friend said she was doing an order so she ordered Exposed for me. I could not tell you the shipping process but I thought Lily Pebbles' video on the her experience of buying the Kylie Cosmetics Lip Kits was really useful when I was doing my own research. 'Kylie Lip Kit Review & First Impressions'.

Left- Right - Spice Lip Liner, Exposed Lip Liner, Exposed
Liquid Lip Stick, Lady Be Good Liquid Lip Stick 
Exposed Lip Liner and Lip Stick
I received my Lip Kit on Thursday and I was going to The Ivy Chelsea Garden on Friday for dinner (blog post to follow on Friday) so I thought it was the perfect opportunity to test its staying power whilst out for dinner. I was pleasantly surprised how well it lasted. I thought the liquid lipstick dried quicker than my MAC  liquid lip colour. The lip liner went on smoothly however when I applied the lip stick on top I thought that you could not be so neat when applying the liquid to the outline of your lips. After applying the lip kit, it dried quickly and I noticed slight cracking but noting too major that anyone else would notice. I have read mixed reviews, with people divided on the lip kits being too dry. I didn't find it drying at all. It was very comfortable and lasted the night. It has some serious staying power! For once my lipstick wasn't half gone! I can see this becoming my new favourite. 

Have you bought anything from Kylie Cosmetics? If so, what do you think of it? I know there has been a massive restock the weekend, so go checkout what's in stock if you want any of the lip kits/ glosses or metallics.

Soraya x 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Little Ray of Soraya. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig