Friday 1 January 2016

Plan for FCP takes NYC!



Happy New Year! 
Now that it's the 1st of January, it's only 11 days till FCP takes New York City! I'm so excited! I have been to New York before but that was when I was 11 and I was not that interested in fashion. My family and I managed to see all the major sites such as the Empire State Building, Time Square, the Rockefeller Centre and Coney Island. So this time, I'm excited to find all the hidden gems of New York as well as going to places I didn't manage to go to last time I was there. 

The aim of this trip is to do primary research for our summative brief. So I will of course be looking out for lots of perspex in the city that never sleeps! Furthermore, we will also go on the Garment District Tour. In addition, we are also going to FIT to see two of their exhibitions - Denim: Fashion's Frontier and Fairy Tale Fashion (which opens on the day that we're going to see it). These will be great exhibitions to see as we will be able to explore and understand the cultural significance of denim and we'll be able to view some of the most extraordinary fashion garments that offer a brief history of the fairy tales and their significance to fashion. 

Whilst I'm in New York I'd love to visit the flagship store of Tiffany & Co. and Kate Spade. Two of my favourite brands. Kate Spade also always have lovely window displays which I can't wait to see. I'm excited to see the High Line to be surrounded by all the amazing architecture the city has. Last time I was not able to visit Brooklyn and Chelsea so they are on my list. As it is Winter, I'd love to go ice skating outside the Rockefeller or Central Park.

Soraya x

Photo: my GCSE sketchbook title page
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Little Ray of Soraya. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig